- Experience in promotion, digital media creation and social media management.
- Interested in technology and all aspects related to.
- Computer proficient with experience in Windows and macOS.
- Excellent communication and comprehensive skills.
- Organized and very attentive to detail.
- Able to work and learn quickly under pressure.
- Proven leadership and troubleshooting abilities.
- Committed to providing the best interpersonal experience possible.
- 13 years of customer service experience.
- Burman University; Lacombe, AB - Psychology (BSc); 2009
- Grandview School K-12; Grandview, MB - High School Diploma; 2003
- Adventist Development and Relief Agency; Nicaragua – 2008 (6 weeks)
- Adventist Development and Relief Agency; Laos – 2007 (6 weeks)
- Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference of Seventh-day Adventists; Belize – 2000 (2 weeks)
- Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference of Seventh-day Adventists; Haiti – 1999 (2 weeks)
Service Specialist, Apple Canada; Edmonton, AB - 2013-2015
- Responsible for providing technical support to customers at the Genius Bar for iOS devices. Also responsible for processing payments for services provided, providing advice regarding Apple products and services, assisting in the training and development of new employees and assisting where needed in the store.
- In two years, was either the top performer or one of the top performers in the department - both for services provided and customer service survey results.
Logistics Team Leader, Target Canada; Edmonton, AB - 2013
- Responsible for managing the offsite backroom and the employees. Other duties include ackstocking excess product in appropriate locations, performing sales floor and customer merchandise requests, participating in regular team leader meetings, ensuring employees adhered to best practices and training new employees.
Assistant Store Manager, Rexall Drug Store; Edmonton, AB - 2012-2013
- Responsible for managing the store and the employees. Other duties include ordering merchandise for the store, maintaining staff schedules, approving and entering schedules into KRONOS, participating in district conference calls, implemented planogram changes, interviewing and training new employees.
Merchandiser, Loblaw Companies Ltd.; Calgary, AB - 2007-2011
- Assisted in the construction and planning of several departments in 22 Loblaw environments. Was responsible for interviewing and training new employees as well as completing and submitting required colleague paperwork.
- Began with the company as a cashier with Extra Foods #9032 from 2007-2009.
Representative, Burman University; Lacombe, AB - 2007-2009
- Served as Yearbook Editor from 2007-2008 for one year and as Communications Vice-president for the following year. Act as a liaison between students, staff and the Student Association. Responsible for creating and maintaining both digital and print content. Communicate campus events with the student body and community. Through working as a part of the Student Association, much time was spent working alongside the Marketing and Enrolment department.
Hobbies, skills and talents
Music - composition, production, writing, performing, singing; Graphic design - use of Photoshop, Affinity Designer, Pixelmator, InDesign; Web design - self-taught knowledge of HTML, Wordpress and Squarespace; Social media - composition and promotion; Marketing - have done a great deal of work to promote my own music and have helped other businesses and departments help in their marketing and promotion; Photography - using DSLR, mobile devices, etc. and using photography software to edit and repair including Photos, Aperture and the mentioned graphic design programs.
Some of my graphic design work - selected pieces, short videos I've created and photos I've taken.
I have done some print projects and have written some articles that have been printed.
When on a humanitarian trip to Nicaragua in 2008, I was asked to write an article by the Marketing and Enrolment department of Burman University (then, Canadian University College) that was published in Adventist College Life Magazine (September 2008) and the Canadian Adventist Messenger (September 2008). The article featured a synopsis of the trip and featured photos I'd taken on the trip as well.
In 2007, I was elected Yearbook Editor by the student body and completed a 100+ page yearbook that was designed using Adobe Creative Suite as well as other applications. I had completed most of the work myself.
One of my passions is music - writing, producing, recording, performing - pretty much the whole process. I have been interested in music since I was a kid initially starting out with piano lessons and moving to voice by the end of high school.
As a singer, I have performed across Western Canada, the US, Nicaragua and Laos. Most performances across Western Canada were as a praise and worship leader for Burman University however, I have also performed a great deal of my own material.
In 2014, under the pseudonym STEVE//BRIAN, I released an album titled "EI8HT". It had taken me 8 years to write, record and produce that album and it became even more imperative to release it following the passing of my grandmother Pearl Belcourt who was a major source of inspiration for the album.
During and following the release, I found myself in the top 10 - with a top position of 5 - in the Edmonton singer-songwriter Reverbnation charts over the course of 2 years. In Canada, I managed to reach the top 20 in the singer-songwriter charts.
After reviewing the album, I realized that I had more work to do and, eventually, the album was removed and as of now, I have been in the process of re-releasing selections from that album under my name - Steve Garrioch.
The first of 4 singles will be released to Apple Music, Google Play and Spotify in October 2016.